Friday, September 27, 2024

Weathered the Storm

I have had a long time between posts! Been weathering different storms - mostly just change related - however last night was a real storm- spent the night watching radar for tornados from Hurricane Helene What a scary night- thankful we were not in the danger zone - mostly wind and tree debris.

The changes I am weathering in my life is entering retirement! I turn the big 65 soon and made my decision in February to retire from my 18 years serving those in the dementia care community at Memory Matters. I have grown, learned, and gone through many changes these last 18 years. I have come to the conclusion that change is just like any season - it has to come - time demands it- it will require new things - both physical and emotional -and God is in control. Just like seasons! This will be a very new one for me - so will be documenting as I enter the end of one season and on ot the next. 

 I said to my Best Friend Lee at the begining of my decision -" I don"t know who I will be" - "my identity has been tied to this title for so long. My knowledge of dementia care goes so deep -how do I move to the next stage? "She said you are you - that won't change.Love her calm insight!  I get it now - I will still be the same Cathee -searching and learning, encouraging those around me and friendships are always there if you work at them! 

SO basically I AM STILL ME! hopeful I will fill these pages with my new adventure as ME! and see what comes next.



No comments:

Weathered the Storm

I have had a long time between posts! Been weathering different storms - mostly just change related - however last night was a real storm- s...